Your good resolutions 2021
The least we can say is that 2020 has been a year full of twists and turns! Even if we can not find ourselves with our loved ones, let’s take advantage of the holidays to rest, and recharge our batteries to approach the new year. And who says new year, says new resolutions! Discover valuable advice from Benoît Chalifoux, published author and expert on interpersonal relationships.
What does “being your best” mean exactly?
For me, it’s about convincing people to constantly push their limits: go out of your comfort zone as much as possible, try and be curious about anything and everything, every day. This is what allows us to propel ourselves every day to be a better version of ourselves!
Why is it important to pay attention to your interpersonal relationships?
The first step is to take a step back in order to be able to take a real knowledge of who we really are; our strengths, our weaknesses which I prefer to call sensitivities or blind spots. Once we pay careful attention to the people around us using our real portrait (the people around us with whom we have a very strong bond of trust can help us become aware of our blind spots).
What would be your 3 resolutions to start 2021 on the right foot?
1) Stimulate your curiosity! Learn something new every day
2) Make a gesture of generosity per day (compliment, donation of time, offer of skills, donation of goods, a coffee for example !, etc.)
3) Marvel at the beauty that surrounds you (Whether it is a stunning sunset, the beauty of a landscape seen from the top of a mountain or even a painting that touches you. Stop for a moment and you put aside your smart phone to carefully observe the surrounding beauty.
4) Take time for yourself without your phones and other smart devices!
5) Replace a bad habit with a meaningful one for you (example replaced abusive listening to Netflix series by a reading habit OR for example replaced abusive procrastination on your social networks with a habit related to physical conditioning) A little advice in passing: start small, very small .. Read one page of your book a day or do a short workout 5 min max per day… The key is to repeat it every day until it becomes a habit like for example when you brush your teeth …
What will your good resolutions be this year?
I am always looking for the best possible balance between my work, my personal projects and my family
Benoit Chalifoux is a speaker in the field of sales soft skills and diversity in the business sector in Canada, Africa and Europe. He is also assistant to the vice-dean, international, lecturer and manager at the School of Management Sciences of the University of Quebec in Montreal (ESG UQAM). In the course of his duties, he has developed more than 80 partnership agreements with the most prestigious universities around the world. He has also taught all over the world in addition to supporting start-ups. He is the author of a book on relationship skills called “Being Your Best, The Incredible Power of Relationship Skills”. A graduate of Paris Dauphine University with an Executive Master in Business (EMBA), he also holds an MBA from ESG UQAM.
Discover his website: https://www.benoitchalifoux.com/